To administer a dose:
- Clear your nostrils by blowing your nose gently.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Sit on a chair and bend your head backwards to rest on the back of the chair, or lie on a bed and put a pillow under your upper back to make your head bend backwards.
- Carefully point the bottle tip towards the nostril and instill the prescribed number of drops into the nostril. Do not let the tip touch against the inner surface of your nose because this will make you sneeze and contaminate the tip of the nasal drops.
- After putting in the drops, keep your head tilted backwards for about 2 minutes to allow the drops run into your nose.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for the other nostril if advised to do so by doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not wash or wipe the dropper. Replace the cap of the bottle after use.
- Sometimes the nasal drops leave an odd taste as they trickle down your throat after you have applied them to your nose. If this happens, have a drink to wash the taste away.
- Try to avoid sneezing or blowing your nose immediately after using the nasal drops
- Ask your family members or someone to instill the nasal drops for you if necessary.
- Follow the storage instruction on the drug label.
- Discard all medications that are expired or no longer required.
- Do not share your nose drops with other people to avoid transmission of bacteria and delay in treatment.
For enquiries, please call：
Matilda International Hospital – Pharmacy Department
41 Mount Kellett Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
t 2849 1531
Articles on this website are informative only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. They should not be relied upon for specific medical advice.