To administer a dose:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Gently clean your ear flaps if necessary with a damp facecloth and then dry your ear.
- Tilt your head or lie down on one side with the affected ear facing upward.
- For adults and children aged 3 years or above, pull the ear slightly backward and upward to straighten the ear canal.
For children aged younger than 3 years, pull the ear slightly backward and downward to straighten the ear canal.
- Instill the prescribed number of drops into the affected ear(s). Avoid touching the tip of bottle or dropper to keep it clean.
- Gently press on the small skin flap over the ear to help the drops to run into the ear canal.
- Keep the head tilted sideways for about 2 minutes to prevent the ear drops from running out of the ear.
- Do not wash the tip of the dropper. Replace and tighten the cap or dropper after use.
- Please follow the storage instruction on the drug label.
- Discard all medications that are expired or no longer required.
- Do not share your ear drops with other people to avoid transmission of bacteria and delay in treatment.
- If the drops are a cloudy suspension, shake the bottle well for 10 seconds before use.
Articles on this website are informative only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. They should not be relied upon for specific medical advice.
For enquiries, please call：
Matilda International Hospital – Pharmacy Department
41 Mount Kellett Road, The Peak, Hong Kong
t 2849 1531